Licorice root, fennel, anise and a hint of whole clove blended with smoky gunpowder green tea for a naturally sweet and savory brew.
Chinese Gunpowder Green Tea*, Licorice Root*, Fennel Seed*, Anise*, and Cloves*.
- Scoop a slightly heaping teaspoon of tea leaves into your infuser.
- Heat water to 190° (just before boiling).
- Pour 8 oz. of water over tea leaves.
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes (depending on taste preference).
- Remove infuser and enjoy tea.
Simply add to your infuser one heaping teaspoonful of leaf per 8 oz. of water and place it in your pot, then add the appropriate amount of 190° water and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the infuser and serve!
A cooled concentrate seems to work best, as regular-strength brew becomes watered down as the ice melts. So, use the above leaf quantities, but half the water, allow it to cool, then pour it over ice and enjoy! The brew will dilute down to proper strength as the ice melts.